Scrounging through the kitchen trying to find something to eat for lunch, I realized that all I had was old taco meat and rice. I did what any self respecting person does. Mixed it all together added some cheese and salsa. Terrific. Leftovers might be a fearful word for some people, but for me it has become part of daily life. I suppose I could figure out how to adjust recipes so that I only made enough for two servings. Problem is, its almost as cheap to cook for two as it is for 4. If I can add two meals to a dish and eat lunch for 50 cents, easy way to save money. Even cheap noodle cups are a dollar a piece(plus most of them have shrimp >.>).
Moral of the story, don't be afraid of leftovers. They're cheap, you already paid for the first meal, you don't have to pay anything extra for the following ones. They're easy, microwave anyone? Finally, they let you try new combinations. Sure taco bell has had rice bowls, but have I ever really felt like paying for one? No. Good, easy, cheap food is always hard to beat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment