So politics kept me busy along with a seemingly endless list of things to do. Here I am, almost 4 months later and no posts. Well that ends today! I've been cooking up a storm.
Peanut Butter Cookies.
Biscuits with Sausage Gravy.
Pumpkin Pie. (including the pie crust
Cheese Straws.
Guacamole.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese.
Breakfast Casserole.
That's about all I can think of for my "adventurous" food experiments. I'm getting pretty good at baking in my oven now, I'm willing to tackle almost anything. I made a nice, dark roux for my cream gravy, probably the first time I've ever cooked roux longer than just a few minutes. The pies(all 3 of them >.<;; ) were fantastic, adapted from a recipe my mother gave me. Baked macaroni is a family(as in myself and Andrea) favorite. Cheese straws may sound exciting and hard, but it's basically strips of pie crust with cheese. They're also amazingly good.
I've finally settled on a good breakfast sausage recipe, modified from a few different sources. Now if only I could find a good Italian sausage recipe, I'd be set. I've taken to drying sage and marjoram in my fridge. It has an amazing ability to dry out chicken and other meat while they're still in the package, so I put that to use by leaving store bought herbs in there for a few weeks. Great for the sausage ^_^
Hopefully next time it won't be so long between posts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment