Wandering through Ministop yesterday I came across a delighteful new Hi-chew, kiwi! They were slightly sour, wrapped in gold foil. They were delicious. Less delicious and higher on the uniqueness scale, gummy filled chocolates. Interesting would be the word to use. They were berry flavored, blueberries and strawberries were on the packaging. They were not bad, but it can be a little strange if you are unsure what to expect.
Second experience of the week was making my own italian salad dressing. No, I haven't started eating salads every day. That simple dressing can be used on such a wide variety of foods, and Japan apparently does not know how to make it properly. All the one's I've had taste like corn syrup and vinegar. I make a dry mix based off a recipe on the internet, then mixed it up with some olive oil and some vinegar. Today it will cover some grilled chicken, tomorrow who knows?
The final food experience of the week, dinner at a teacher's house. Andrea and I were invited to dinner at an english teacher's house way back in March. Yesterday we followed through on that invitation. Her mother made most of the food, they also bought some pizzas. With mayonaise...and corn. Needless to say it wasn't the greatest pizza experience, but at least now I can say that I've had it. They made cheesecake, bbq'd chicken, fried rice vegetable concoction, spring rolls, pork and potato dish, as well has homemade ume shochu (plum sake). It was all very delicious, except for the rice, which I did not try. It was fun to sit around and eat delicious food and hear all their stories from trips to the US. Would definitely do it again, maybe even bring some of my own food next time to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
KIWI?! that sounds delicious. Yeah i think i may have to try one of those funky Japanese pizzas just to say i did it. do they cover it in things that will kill me though? do i need to bring lots of lactose pills?
Post a Comment