Friday, June 13, 2008

Drinks of the month

Lately there's been a variety of new drinks released in Japan, I've managed to try a couple.

Mountain Dew Max, never officially marketed in Japan, they finally have a nationwide product. It tastes reasonably close to regular 'Dew, with one odd change. It's bright green. It looks like lime jello. I remember it being yellow in America.

Pepsi Blue Hawaii, is supposed to taste like pineapple and lemon. Blue hawaii-type flavors should be awesome from my experience, so I had high hopes. Unfortunately, it tastes like a sour alcoholic drink. And it was a little short on the blue flavor.

I mentioned a while ago about the fizzy orange drink, well they've come out with a new flavor, grape. They picture the red and green grapes on the can, but it's heavy on the green flavor. A pity really, because I liked the orange one. There's just too much green grape.

Sprite Zero, this isn't a new flavor, but it's new to Japan. They don't sell regular sprite at anything except vending machines. This tastes exactly the same as is does in the US.

No comments: